Tuesday 21 December 2010

Customer Service

An example of why 'Everyday is soo wonderful'. I, as an internet shopper, recently ordered items from two different retailers, one; ASOS, two; Topshop. As unfortunate as I can be at the best of times the snow came down therefore never recieved my order on the next day delivery service I requested and paid more for.

I wanted to share my experiences with both retailers and how I was compensated for the delayed delivery.

ASOS kindly sent an email first informing me that I shall not be recieving my items on chosen day due to the weather, which was then followed by a further second email of an apology, letting me know that all delivery charges I paid have been refunded (so basically worked out as free P&P, despite recieving it late) and also giving me a unique discount code for 10% off my next purchase with them. To be honest I wasnt expecting anything back so to be achknowledged and reinbursed did make me feel better towards the brand.

Its a shame I didnt have the same treatment from Topshop. No refund of next day delivery charges I paid, and no incentive discount. Just a mere automated email telling me I wont recieve the top I paid £40 for and no information on when I may recieve the item.

This was just a small experience that has made me thought about service from different types of brands and why some may think they can get away with giving incentives and others won't. I can safely give ASOS my thumbs up, however think I'ld be barking up the wrong tree getting my £5 back from Topshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment