Wednesday 14 December 2011

Frank Usher Couture

On my charity shop raid I came across a vintage Frank Usher sequin crop Top (I wont reveal how much I snapped it up for). It was definately one of those moments where I snatch it off the rail where I very rarely come across anything this unique. Usually it isnt until I get home and realise what a great find pieces like these actually are. Even more so is if i purchased this from high street stores like Topshop or AllSaints, I would be looking at paying well over £70.

 

  

Not having much knowledge of who Frank Usher is naturally the internet helps. Frank Usher was a British designer who first stepped out in mid 1940's, along the same time when Christian Dior introduced the 'New Look' of the little black dress. It wasnt until the mid 1950's when Frank Usher was heavily featured in Vogue by, at the time, leading actresses and models. I love how couture pieces from this era has influenced and come back to our year today of sequin embellished pieces.

A Michael Truman film released in the 60's titled Go To Blazes starring Maggie Smith, is a british comedy based on a boutique being robbed which the entire wardrobe was created by Frank Usher for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment